Sandalwood Drug Case Update 2020: The alleged drug racket prevalent in Sandalwood, Kannada film industry came into light when journalist Gauri Lankesh’s brother – Indrajit Lankesh – revealed the involvement of a few actors of Karnataka in the drug case. Police and NCB conducted raids in the city and seized drugs like LSD, MDMA, ecstasy, cannabis worth Rs 1.25 crore which were being supplied to local youth.
Sandalwood Drug Case Update 2020: Police Investigation
Sandalwood Drug Case Updates: A special team from Directorate of Enforcement (ED) has landed in Bangalore to probe the alleged drug dealing case involving some of the Sandalwood celebrities. Also, a special team has gathered information about the seizures made by the Central Crime Bureau (CCB). CCB suspects that organizer Viren Khanna may have international drug links as he used to host parties across the globe. As per the preliminary investigation, he has some connections and dealings. However, ED has to dig deep into this maze of connections related to the drug transactions and dealings.
According to the CCB, people arrested in the drug case are in part of a Network of people who organize parties. At these parties, drugs from various parts of the country supplied to the guests. So far, CCB has arrested 13 people including two Sandalwood actors Ragini Dwivedi and Sanjana.
The Progress of alleged drug racket case in Bangalore | Sandalwood Drug Case Updates
- 21 August, 2020: the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) raided Nikoo Homes, a gated community in Bengaluru. During the search, they seized drugs like 96 pills of MDMA, weighing 40 grams, and 180 LSD blots. Moreover, They also have seized a diary from the prime accused, Anikha D, which contains the names of some Sandalwood celebrities. The names including actors, musicians, models and reality TV actors – from Karnataka.
- During this time, CCB seized a large quantity of marijuana.
- Inputs from the accused lead to take off the investigation into the drug racket.
- 3rd September, 2020: Bengaluru police’s CCB arrested Ravishankar, who allegedly involved in procuring drugs for rave parties in Bengaluru. After taking his inputs, police seized his cellphone and found photos and other important evidences.
- In the FIR, the police have named 12 accused, including Bollywood star Vivek Oberoi’s brother-in-law Aditya Alva. As per the police version, people in the FIR are part of the network who organised parties where drugs were supplied.
- The police FIR names Shivaprakash, who is a former friend of Ragini Dwivedi, Prashanth Ranka, Viren Khanna, Vaibhav Jain, Prashanth Raju, Ashwin, Abhiswami, Rahul Thonshe and Vinay
- Sections 21C, 27B, 27A, 29, 21 of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, and also for criminal conspiracy booked against them
- 05th September, 2020: police arrested Loum Pepper Samba, an African who was allegedly supplying drugs to the accused.
- Police questions Ragini Dwivedi as she is a friend of accused Ravishankar, Many pictures and videos of both circulated on Internet and Media
- Bengaluru police announced the actor’s arrest and seized her three mobile phones and a laptop
- 08th September, 2020: Raid on celebrity Sanjana’s house based on an information from accused
- 10th September, 2020: Enforcement Directorate (ED) officials visited the Central Crime Branch (CCB) office in Bengaluru
- Alva, who is the son of ex-JD(S) minister late Jeevaraj Alva and brother-in-law of actor Vivek Oberoi, is one of the prime accused in the drug case. He has been absconding since September 4, as per sources.
- 20th September, 2020: The investigation in connection with a drug mafia case in the Kanada film industry. Srinivas’ Bengaluru flat was raided and heavy amount of drug was recovered.
- So far 12 people have been arrested including actors Ragini Dwivedi and Sanjjanaa Galrani. Both actors are in judicial custody.
- Ragini Dwivedi and Sanjjanaa Galrani were remanded to judicial custody in Parappana Agrahara Central Prison in the Bangalore city.
- Aditya Alva is the son of late minister Jeevaraj Alva and also the brother-in-law of Bollywood actor Vivek Oberoi. He is one of the 12 accused in the Sandalwood drug scandal which is being investigated by the Bengaluru CCB.
- On 15th October, Bengaluru CCB raids Vivek Oberoi’s Mumbai residence in search of Aditya Alva
- Vivek Oberoi’s wife Priyanka Alva has been served a notice by CCB, the City Crime Branch Bengaluru, in connection with her links to brother Aditya Alva over Sandalwood drug scandal