Unknown facts about Telugu Cinema: Tollywood is one of the most popular film industry produces the best Action Drama movies in India. Telugu Cinema is full of Action, glamour, gossip, Fantasy along with some Unknown stories and facts. If you thought you knew some of the unknown Tollywood Facts, here’s a list that’ll definitely make you do a double check!
There’s lot more behind the movie that what we as audience never see on the big screen. Here’s a list of Tollywood movie facts that will surely blow your mind!
25 Unknown facts about Telugu Cinema that you Should Know
Telugu cinema completed 88 years in 2020. This was quite the achievement. Here are 50 of the most interesting facts about Tollywood that you have not heard of before.
- Tollywood produces highest number of Films and it has second largest market in India.
- Telugu Cinema owns largest film production facility in the world i.e., Ramoji Film City in Hyderabad
- Telugu Cinema produced large no.of Socio-fantasy (Janapada) films than any other film industry in the world. Actors like NTR, Kanta Rao, Rajanala, Relangi, Ramana Reddy are Famous in portraying roles in Socio-fantasy films.
- NTR is the only actor in India who is treated as a Demi-god for his charisma and roles portraying Lord Krishna and Lord Rama
- Telugu actor Sr NTR is the only Politician in India who won general elections of 1983 within 9 months after forming a political party TDP in 1982
- Megastar Chiranjeevi is the first Indian actor to receive Rs.1 Crore as a remuneration
- Telugu cinema Heroes has more Fan clubs and Associations in USA than any other Film heroes of India.
- Tollywood has a big market in USA, Australia and Overseas which is equivalent to Bollywood
- Telugu Cinema holds many Guinness World Records than any other Industry in India
- Notable people like S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, Brahmanandam, Vijaya Nirmala, Daggubati Rama Naidu and film production facility Ramoji Film City received Guinness World Records
- Tamil popular actors Rajinikanth and Ajith did their first full length roles as main lead in Telugu movies Chilakamma Cheppindi(1977), Prema Pusthakam (1993).
- Tollywood introduced many Bollywood Heroines to South India, Shilpa Shetty, Raveena Tandon, Twinkle Khanna, Tabu, Katrina Kaif, Preity Zinta, Sushmita Sen, Sonali Bendre, Anjala Zaveri and others are in the list
- Bollywood actress Divya Bharti debuted as a Heroine with Telugu film “Bobbili Raja”.
- Bollywood actress Rekha’s mother tongue is Telugu, She is the daughter of Telugu actress Pushpavalli while Savitri is her step mother
- Chiranjeevi never accepted by audience in de-glamorous and Aged roles, Since, audience always see him as a Demi-god
- The first Indian movie with advanced Special Effects is Anji (2004). The movie started shooting in 1997 and released in 2004. Also, It is the first Telugu film to win the National Award for Best Special Effects at that time.
- Balakrishna is the only Mass Hero in India who bought cult status for Faction movies like Samarasimha Reddy(1999) and Narasimha Naidu (2001)
- Actor Balakrishna is also called Box Office Bonanza during 1990s and early 2000s. All his movies have created Box Office records by collecting highest gross in South India.
- The name RGV has become a brand after the release of Telugu film Shiva(1989)
- Ram Gopal Varma (RGV) was launched as a director by Nagarjuna. Similarly, RGV introduced many young talented actors and technicians to both Bollywood and Tollywood
- The only film family in India with highest no.of popular Heroes across the country is Mega Family. Megastar Chirajeevi introduced Pawan Kalyan, Allu Arjun, Ram Charan, Sai Dharam Tej, Varun Tej, Allu Sirish, Vaishnav Tej, Kalyan Dev and others as Heroes.
- Mega Family does more than 500 crore business annually which is almost equal to 1/3rd of the total Telugu Cinema’s Business
- Telugu actors Prabhas and Allu Arjun has PAN Indian fan following
- Hindi dubbed movies of Telugu actors like Allu Arjun, Nithiin, Ram Pothineni, Bellamkonda Sai Srinivas and other actors have crossed millions of views on YouTube. This shows the love of Hindi audience towards Telugu films.
- Baahubali 2 creates History and become the first Indian movie ever to collect ₹ 1,000 Crore